The Employee Accessibility Strategies
Many disabled employees face deeply frustrating challenges in the day-to-day working lives. Showing these to senior managers is often a powerful way of bringing home both how easy it is to inadvertently present barriers to customers and staff, and how these barriers can have a very substantial negative effect.
Actions To Consider
- Create easy and effective employee feedback mechanisms to continuously improve processes.
- Periodic surveys of entire workforce.
- Dedicated surveys of disability network.
- Ask employees with disabilities to assist you in the development and testing of products and services.
- Reasonable adjustments and accommodations workplace assessment process.
- Recruitment, training, and career development processes.
- Disability network focus groups. Include disabled employees in a Business Resource Group (BRG) to help guide business go to market strategies.
- Disability Confidence Training. Allow the disabled employees Diversity Group to share experiences through webinars, videos, and lunch and learn sessions.
- Accessibility Help Resources for Disabled Employees.